Thursday, December 3, 2009

Gingerbread Cookies, Part II

Potato Soup didn't happen. Mainly because I didn't make it to the market, but also because we had some leftovers I wanted to finish up. So, no exciting meal cooking today.

However, we had that gingerbread dough in the fridge. Who knew it could be such finicky dough to work with? We got half of it out and set up shop to cut the cookies, but apparently I didn't have enough flour on the "lightly floured" surface or the dough got too warm or something because it stuck to the marble board I was using. So, it went back into the fridge and Andrew and I got out the other half. We worked much quicker the second time. We managed to get 10 cookies cut and baked. Then we ran out of time. The ones we baked were delicious. I'm not usually a big gingerbread cookie fan, but these were mild in flavor and soft to the tooth. We have more dough in the fridge for tomorrow! Yum. (I'll share the recipe in the next post.)

Now for some sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment