Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Waffles - It's what's for dinner

OK, I know I totally stole that tag line from the Beef Council, but it just stuck in my head.

Last week, Andrew & I made Belgian waffles. From scratch. Whipped egg whites and all. They were so good. It made a large batch, so we ate a couple then froze the rest to have for breakfast throughout the week. Then, David discovered them, and decided they would be great for dinner. And late night snack. (They were a tasty snack, I confess.) Thus, alas, our frozen waffles did not last 24 hours. Andrew polished them off the next morning for breakfast.

Yesterday afternoon, we decided to do it again, and add some cinnamon. They were delicious. Just so happens I had fresh strawberries and a carton of whipping cream in the fridge. You see where I'm going with this, right? So, we had cinnamon waffles with strawberries & cream. For dinner. Andrew didn't notice that I did not add sugar to the fruit or the cream. He called it dessert for dinner. Hey, I'm not going to argue. It even looked like dessert:



He had waffles for breakfast this morning too. We still have some in the freezer. Maybe it's because David isn't here to help eat them.

I just used the recipe in the KitchenAid stand mixer booklet. Yesterday we added 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.

Now, I'm thinking of making pasta for dinner tonight. From scratch. I love my stand mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment