Sunday, July 25, 2010

Elvis would've approved

This story reminds me of an old Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ad from my youth in which there's a collision and an argument ensues between two parties about who got their peanut butter into whose chocolate and vise versa. This is not quite like that, but it does involve peanut butter.

Let me set the scene: Andrew had eaten a peanut butter and banana sandwich (a favorite of ours) and I had half a banana left. David was snacking on some pretzel sticks nearby. Andrew loves corn dogs. Can you see where I'm heading with this?

I sliced the banana into thick chunks, used pretzels for the sticks, and smeared on a bit of peanut butter. The pretzels keep little hands from getting too messy and are a welcomed salty flavor. Andrew and David declared them yummy and requested more, but alas, that was the last banana, and so, yes, we have no more bananas today.


Pardon me, but you got your pretzel in my banana...

As for corn dogs, I'm working on a vegan version. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment